I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store;
For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.
I worked for a menial’s hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have paid!
depression-Common symptoms include:
- • Hopelessness and helplessness
• Unhappiness and loss of confidence
• Tension and anxiety
• Irritability, anger or fear
- • Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty making decisions
• Memory loss
• Major life changes
• Guilt, worthlessness or being unwanted
- • Inability to enjoy normal things
• Slow reactions
• Irresponsible behavior
• Neglect of one’s appearance
- • Continual tiredness and easy tiring
• Sleeping problems eg. early waking
• Eating problems eg. poor appetite, weight loss
• Headache, constipation or indigestion
• Loss of energy and sex drive
“People suffering from Depression often show distorted thinking.
what a superb controlled investigation by daybreak.
i have repeatedly said that although the dangers on the internet certainly need to be addressed but that i also felt more abuse buttons etc would not make a difference at all because the block buttons already exist.
but what daybreak has strongly highlighted to me is we may need to go back to-BASICS-
the investigation showed 7 out 9 children left a park with a stranger who was obviously a trained person but in real life they would not be actors.
parents rightly so concentrate on internet safety but we must never take our eyes off real life dangers with real life consequences-concentrate on basics like parks etc-please